[xcrysden] startup problem[xcrysden]

chm 90121100 xcrysden@democritos.it
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:41:10 +0800

Dear Tone

i have completed my installation of XCrySDen on my FreeBSD 5.4 Release system
but i have a problem to startup this software,
below is the error message:

---error msg begin---

Running on platform: unix
Executing: /home/hangchen/XCrySDen-1.4.1s-all/bin/ftnunit

*** the hardware does not support the stereo ***

Error in startup script: Togl: couldn't get visual
    while executing
"togl .mesa  -width          400  -height         400  -ident          .mesa
-rgba           true   -redsize        1      -greensize      1      -blu..."
    (procedure "PlaceGlobWin" line 113)
    invoked from within
"PlaceGlobWin 0 [expr round(650 * $fac1)] [expr round(650 * $fac1)]"
    (procedure "ViewMol" line 26)
    invoked from within
"ViewMol ."
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $argv] > 2 } {
    parseComLinArg [lrange $argv 2 end]
} else {
    ViewMol .
}"
    (file "/home/hangchen/XCrySDen-1.4.1s-all/Tcl/xcInit.tcl" line 532)

---error msg end---
first i recognized it a soundware driver problem,
so i type in shell: kldload snd_driver,to activate my sound card,and it worked.
but when i command: xcrysden , i still got this error msg,
i don't know what is this problem?
can you give me some direction to solve?
thank a lot~ to this excellent software and your great work.

--
HANG -- CHEM -- NCU