[xcrysden] startup problem[xcrysden]

HANG xcrysden@democritos.it
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 06:08:09 +0800

Dear Tone:
Thanks you first,
I have realize the meaning of "stereo",
And the "not support stereo" mseg is just a warning mseg that doesn't
interrupt the startup procedure.
I have tried your method to test what problem it has, but I got same
mseg returned:
Something like: couldn't get visual,
I also checked some code of togl.c in $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/C dir.
But finally I found it's my graphic card driver's problem,
I have checked the log file of x-window(xorg),
And found some err happened when loading modules,
I use the special Nvidia Geforce3 graphic card, and installed its driver
downloaded from its official webpage because it has not a appropriate
driver built in with FreeBSD up to 5.4 Release for i386 arch., it has
Module section configurations by default in /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:
     19 Section "Module"
     20         Load  "extmod"
     21 #       Load  "dri"
     22         Load  "glx"
     23         Load  "dbe"
     24         Load  "record"
     25         Load  "xtrap"
     26         Load  "type1"
     27         Load  "freetype"
     28 #       Load    "GLcore"
     29 EndSection
Indicated from its installation manual, it is just mentioned that the
"dri" mode maybe cause some conflict problem(but x window just works
well), and the xorg log file also says it got errs when loading "dri",
so I uncommented it, start x again, then everything is ok.