[xcrysden] XCrySDen and Cygwin

Tone Kokalj xcrysden@democritos.it
Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:51:01 +0100

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 00:28 -0800, Paul M. Grant wrote:

>  But=85xcConfigure has as issue with XP directories in its path that
> have =93blanks=94 in the directory name (my Cygwin home subdirectory is
> Paul M. Grant, following on my principal userid account).  The path is
> not properly recognized by xcConfigure.sh, even though ...

You can configure xcrysden manually. Miminal installation/configuration
of xcrysden is to define the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
environmental variables (XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR should point to XCrySDen root
directory) and to create the XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH directory.=20

Follow this link: http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/install.html
Therein you will find what xcConfigure does, and you can do that
manually.

I don't know, however, what will be the effect of white-space in the
XCRYSDEN environmental variables ... (it may even fail to work ...)

> One more question=85how can I =93post-install=94 packages such as babel=
,
> imagemagick, whirlgif and mpeg_encode after installation of XCrySDen
> in either or both Cygwin or native Linux?

On both linux and cygwin ImageMagick package exists, and I gues it is
installed by default on many distributions (i.e. check if you have the
"display" program).
>=20
For babel see:  http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/
Many linux distributions have whirlgif package, if not try with:
http://www.danbbs.dk/~dino/whirlgif/
>=20
mpeg_encode is getting obsolete, you may find the sources on:
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/ftp/pub/multimedia/mpeg/encode/mpeg_encode-1.5b-=
src.tar.gz

Regards, Tone