[xcrysden] Re: How does xcrysden calculate and show the length of the force!

Yingli Niu xcrysden@democritos.it
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 03:50:53 -0800 (PST)

Dear Tone,

  I have download:
http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-pre1.5b-linuxPC-static.tar.gz

  When I used xcrysden to open an axsf file, clicked
"Display", then selected "Forces", the force vectors
appeared on the screens!

  Then I clicked "Modify", clicked "force setting",
the "Forces: Setting" panel appeared.

  I wanted to change "Length Factor" and other
parameters. But I found that I could not input number
from keyboard except "Length Factor for arrow-cap".

  It meant that I could not change the number in the
input-box except "Length Factor for arrow-cap".

  But when I used the old version xcrysden, which had
the bug of force length, it could run normally!

  What was the problem?

Regards!

Yingli

http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-pre1.5b-src.tar.gz

> > Where is the code the plot the force?
>
> It is in C/xcForces.c and C/forces.c. The bug was in
> the first file.
>
> Regards, To
>http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-pre1.5b-linuxPC-static.tar.gz

Sources: