[xcrysden] xcrysden installation error on line 156

Pedro M. F. J. Costa xcrysden@democritos.it
10 Jul 2006 21:50:21 +0100

Dear users list,

I am on the process of installing XCrysDen.=20

I have successfully installed CYGWIN on my Windows system. Additionally, my=
=20
XCrysDen top directory installation has been successful as the following=20
has been added to my .bashrc:=20
#------------------------------------------------------------------------ #=
=20
this is for XCRYSDEN 1.4.1; added by XCRYSDEN installation on # Mon Jul 10=
=20
19:09:40 GMTDT 2006=20
#------------------------------------------------------------------------=
=20
XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=3D/home/Pedro XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=3D/home/Pedro/xcrys_tmp expo=
rt=20
XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=20
PATH=3D"$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR:$PATH:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/ut=
il"

However, when I try to run XCrysDen from the TOPDIR, I get the following=20
error message:

./xcrysden: line 156: exec: wish: not found

Verifying the xcrysden program lines, I have:

if test $valgrind -eq 0 ; then
    if test $debug -eq 0 ; then
=09if test -f ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/bin/xcrys.dll ; then
=09# CYGWIN: xcrys.dll will be loaded from xcInit.tcl !!!
=09    exec wish ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/Tcl/xcInit.tcl $USE -- \
=09=09$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR $XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH $ARGS > /dev/null &
=09    wait $!
=09else
=09    ${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/bin/xcrys \
=09=09${XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR}/Tcl/xcInit.tcl $USE -- \
=09=09$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR $XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH $ARGS > /dev/null &
=09    wait $!
=09fi
[continues]

So the program calls for an executable that involves the file xcInit.tcl.=
=20
Now, from other posts I noticed that my error message could be a case of=20
missing of Tcl package. I have verified my TOPDIR directory and I found=20
that I have the Tcl directory installed and that furthermore there is a=20
file inside with the name xcInit.tcl. Strangely enough the file xcrys.dll=
=20
is also in its right place (TOPDIR/bin/) but that does not seem to make any=
=20
difference to the proper execution of the program.

So, as far as I understand, I have the CYGWIN and XCrysDen installed in=20
their proper directories but there is still something missing. Is it a=20
matter of extra packages needed? If it is how can I get a list of those=20
required?

Could anyone please help me with this error?=20

My best regards,

Pedro
--=20
Pedro Miguel F. J. Costa

Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street
Cambridge, CB2 3QZ, United Kingdom

Tel.(office): +44 (0)1223 334474
Fax: +44 (0)1223 334437