[xcrysden] Help!

Tone Kokalj xcrysden@democritos.it
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:00:44 +0200

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 15:25 -0500, Oscar U. Ojeda wrote:
> Hi
> Im trying to set up XCRYSDEN to be able to create movies.
> Im using CYGWIN, and the lines:
> The lines
>
> set xcMisc(mpeg_encode) /cygwin/usr/softwares/mpeg_encode/mpeg_encode
> are properly set up in the customs_definitions file
> Even when I load the animated.asxf example, I cannot press the ANIMATED GIF/MPEG>> button.

This is due to some inconsistency in xcrysden routine: it checks just
for the whirlgif program, and if it is defined, then the button is
enabled.

The work-around is to define in $HOME/.xcrysden/custom-definitions file
a fake whirlgif, e.g.:

set xcMisc(whirlgif) just_to_define_it

Now this will enable the button, and you will be able to make a MPEG
movies.

Regards, Tone