[xcrysden] Couldnīt change working directory to īn/xc_1465ī no such file or directory

Tone Kokalj xcrysden@democritos.it
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:23:27 +0200

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 07:46 -0300, humpaiva@oi.com.br wrote:
>   Good Morning.
>

>   I have installed the 1.4 static version on a linux sistem but when i
> try to read a file pickin it from the libraries it returns the message:
>      " Couldnīt change working directory to īn/xc_1465ī no such f=
ile
> or directory"

This clearly indicates that you specified a relative path for the
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH directory. This is a bad idea, as you realized. Plese
set XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH to some absolute path, such as, for
example: /scratch/$USER/xcrys_tmp

>  May I edit the script file?  Which one?

After you fix the above-mentioned in the ~/.bashrc file, it will work.

>  Another aspect is that i have to make " . .bashrc" every time i use th=
> program (maybe itīs related).

The .bashrc is the bash-shell profile. It should be read upon bash
startup (if not, then there is something weird with your system)....

Regards, Tone