[xcrysden] installing xcrysden on windows

Tone Kokalj xcrysden@democritos.it
Thu, 31 May 2007 10:38:39 +0200

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 14:35 -0400, Craig Bridges wrote:
> Dear All,
>  After having trouble installing XCrysDen on linux.

Installation of linux should be much more straighforward than on
Windows.
Did you use the precompiled package, or you tried to compile the source?
You may try with the pre-compiled version:

http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-latest-linuxPC-static.tar.gz

> Running './.bashrc' produces the error message:
>
> ./.bashrc: line 112: $'\r':command not found
> ':not a valid identifierrt: 'XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
> ./.bashrc: line 121: $'\r':command not found

There should be something awkward in the ~/.bashrc file. Please check,
or send me your .bashrc file (I'll check).

Regards, Tone