[xcrysden] Printing Images in Windows

Thomas Sadowski tommy91779 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:15:46 CET 2007

Hello all,

I have successfully configured and rum xcrysden on my windows box
through Cygwin. Problems arise when I attempt to print an image in a
tiff or eps format. When I attempt to do so I get the following error:

ERROR: while executing exec /bin/convert

/home/Tom/XCrySDEN-1.4.1bin-shared/xcrys_temp/xc_1468/tmp.ppm

C:/cygwin/home/Tom/XCrySDEN-1.4.1bin-shared/four_Shell_CdS.tiff

When Clicking on ErrorInfo I get

convert: unable to open image `/cygwin/home/Tom/XCrySDen-1.4.1bin-shared/four_Shell_CdS.tiff': No such file or directory.

Cygwin installed my ImageMagic Package under /bin/convert. Has anyone come across this problem and discovered a work around??

Thanks in advance,

Tom Sadowski

University of Connecticut