[xcrysden] 2D charge density plot units

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Nov 29 13:17:38 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:22 +0100, Andrea Salguero wrote:
> Dear Xcrysden users and developers
> I have made a 2D charge density plot and checking the xcrysden options one can
> include a thermometer in it, i know the thermometer is related to delta n(r),
> my question is, what are the units of it?, eV/A^2 or u.a/A^2?, where can one
> find it or deduce it from?

The termometer is related to the property you are plotting. The "\Delta
n(r)" is just the default string, one can modify it by will.

xcrysden makes no assumptions: it doesn't care about what property it
displays nor about the units. It simply displays what is in the loaded
file. This means that the units are those used in the loaded file ...
(there is not conversion of units involved whatsoever).