[xcrysden] XCD for Mac OS X/Intel

David M. Wood dmwood at mines.edu
Mon Oct 1 20:41:26 CEST 2007

Thanks to Ikutaro Hamada for diagnosing my problem!

In fact, once I'd cleaned old some old 'exports' (setting obsolete
environmental variables) in my .bash_profile file, XCrySDen-pre1.5b
built perfectly (and so did 1.4.1).  As has occasionally happened, I
ended up adding by hand the following lines to my .bashrc file (since
xcConfigure.sh somehow failed to do this, possibly due to permissions/
owner problems when I ran as root).

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/usr/local/XCrySDen-pre1.5bs
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/Users/dmwood/xcrys_tmp
export XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
PATH="$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR:$PATH:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts:
$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/util"

So: all is well, and thanks to IH OS X/Intel users now have an up to
date XCrysDen.

David M. Wood, Dept. of Physics, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
80401
Phone: (303) 273-3853; Fax: (303) 273-3919