[xcrysden] Opening Window Size and turning off the bond sticks

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Apr 3 14:03:59 CEST 2008

> Tone, I've noticed "recently" (that means after using a number of various
> Linux distros) that XCrysDen opens (let's say some given PWscf input file)
> with only a small (2-3 cm square) window which I then have to right-click
> and "resize" to see the whole structure.  Is this an X-Windows issue or an
> XCrysDen option I need to set?

I would say that is a window manager issue (I've noticed different strange
interactions between the Tk (that the xcrysden uses) and various window
managers.

As for the ball sticks, the easiest way to turn them off is in "Lighting
On" mode. Click on the "Logic" radiobutton on the left toolbox (below
Lighting On/Off buttons), and then tick-off the sticks.