[xcrysden] Error in xcInit.tcl

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Dec 11 10:10:10 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 16:28 +0800, Yan Ren wrote:
> > If it works, the reason is elsewhere. Run xcrysden as:
> >
> > xcrysden -T >& log
> >
> > and send me the log file.
> this command shows a splash of the xcrysden logo and exit.
> I've attached the log file created by this command.

OK, now I know where it chashes (in the first OpenGL call).

I noticed that sometimes xcrysden doesn't work with the default
system libGL.so library that the shared packages of xcrysden use
(but so far I only expirienced this for 64bit version).

The solution is to used the semishared xcrysden package instead, which has it's
own-compiled libGL.so library that *should* work.

Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (tel:
+386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)