[xcrysden] xcrysden on opensuse

Volker Eyert eyert at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Dec 18 11:40:36 CET 2008

Manuel,

thanks a lot, I can confirm your statement. I have no problems
installing and running XCrysDen on openSuSE 11.0 at all.

Best wishes

Volker

Manuel Presnitz wrote:
>> I have tried installing different versions of xcrysden on opensuse 11. but
>> I have encountered two problems:
>
> I can't confirm this problem, XCrysDen 1.5.17 works fine here on openSuSE 11.0,
> so it could be an individual issue:
>
> # cat /etc/SuSE-release
> openSUSE 11.0 (X86-64)
> VERSION = 11.0
>
> # xcrysden
>
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> |****************************************************************|
> |*								*|
> |*  XCrySDen - (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
> |*		=         ===         =              ===        *|
> |*--------------------------------------------------------------*|
> |*								*|
> |*    Anton Kokalj (Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si)                         *|
> |*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia               *|
> |*								*|
> |*    Copyright (c) 1996--2004 by Anton Kokalj                  *|
> |*                                                              *|
> |****************************************************************|
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
>
>   Version: 1.5.17
>
>   Please report bugs to: Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si
>

>   TERMS OF USE:
>   -------------
>   XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.
>
>   Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
>   publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
>   reference. The preferred form is the following:
>
>   [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
>         Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.
>
> TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/local/xcrysden_1.5.17/external/lib/tcl8.5
> XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/usr/local/xcrysden_1.5.17
> XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/tmp
>
> Running on platform: unix
> CRYSTAL VERSION: 06
> Executing: /usr/local/xcrysden_1.5.17/bin/ftnunit
> Deleting directory /tmp/xc_19291 ; Please Wait !!!
> Directory deleted !
>

> Regards,
> Manuel.

     Priv.-Doz. Dr. Volker Eyert
     Center for Electronic Correlations and Magnetism
     Institute for Physics, University of Augsburg
     86135 Augsburg, Germany
     email: eyert at physik.uni-augsburg.de,     volker at eyert.de
     http://www.physik.uni-augsburg.de/~eyert/,  www.eyert.de