[xcrysden] xcrysden on opensuse

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Dec 18 13:03:14 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 03:17 -0800, sara yazdani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks for replying me.
>
> In order to have exact report I again downloaded xcrysden
> "xc-1.5.17-src-all.tar.gz" today.
>
> after printing: ./xcConfigure I received:
>
> more: unknown option "-m"
> usage: more [-dflpcsu] [+linenum | +/pattern] name1 name2 ...
>
> I entered down and printed "source ~/.bashrc" and xcrysden which was
> again an unknown command for it!!! This is while I have installed
> opensuse completely.

You have downloaded the source package. Note that source package needs
to be compiled before you run "xcConfigure". From your description, I
would presume you didn't compile it. Moreover, the "xcConfigure" is
optional now. You don't need to run it, and xcrysden should still work.

I suggest you to download one of the linux precompiled packages (that
don't need compilation). Then:

> tar zxvf ****.tar.gz
> cd ****
> ./xcrysden

This should work (**** is the name of the package and the directory that
the package is expanded to).

Final note: your log file that you mailed contain:

bash: xcrysden: command not found

which means you don't have "." in your path. In this case you should run
as: "./xcrysden"

Regards, Tone

PS: the message "more: unknown option "-m"" is really awkward, as more
is never invoked with -m option in the xcConfigure script ...

--
Tone Kokalj <tone.kokalj at ijs.si>
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (tel: