[xcrysden] Installing XCrySDen under YDL on IBM Core PS3

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Feb 13 10:42:32 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 22:20 -0800, Paul M. Grant wrote:
> Tone, I'm still having problems.  Below is terminal output at the end of a
> long compile of "latest" on my PS3 with Possibility - 1 selected in (plain
> vanilla) Make.sys (compile everything...Tcl/Tk/Mesa).

The compilation of all included libraries + xcrysden rarely works "out
of the box". I would suggest to compile libraries separately (if needed
at all). Since you have linux, you can install all the needed libraries
from the linux distribution packages. You will need development packages
for tcl/tk, and Mesa(OpenGL). For yellow-dog you need this packages:
tcl-devel , tk-devel , mesa-libGL-devel , mesa-libGLU-devel .

Once you install this packages, you need to adopt xcrysden's Make.sys
accordingly, and then execute: make xcrysden (which will compile only
xcrysden's code).