[xcrysden] Installing XCrySDen under YDL on IBM Core PS3

Paul M. Grant w2agz at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 26 22:58:47 CET 2008

To All:

I'm trying to install XCrySDen on a Sony Playstation 3.  The platform is an
IBM Core processor and the OS is Yellow Dog Linux 5.0.2.  The distro
supplies all the usually required libraries.gcc, gfortran, tcl/tk, mesa,
java, etc.   I've been able to successfully install from C and fortran
source code several other tools (e.g., x11vnc) with no problems.  On trying
to compile (make all) the XCrySDen source with make.sys set to "option 2
(use own tcl/tk, mesa libraries)," I get the following messages near the
very end of "make all," most of which seems to run OK.  Naively, it sounds
like a source code issue.

gcc -DUSE_FONTS   -DUSE_FONTS    -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c xcdebug.c
gcc -DUSE_FONTS   -DUSE_FONTS    -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c 3D.c
gcc -DUSE_FONTS   -DUSE_FONTS    -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c xcDisplayFunc.c
xcDisplayFunc.c:162: error: static declaration of ?HandleDisplay? follows
non-static declaration
anaglyph.h:81: error: previous declaration of ?HandleDisplay? was here
xcDisplayFunc.c:164: error: static declaration of ?CameraHome? follows
non-static declaration
anaglyph.h:82: error: previous declaration of ?CameraHome? was here
xcDisplayFunc.c:165: error: static declaration of ?Normalise? follows
non-static declaration
anaglyph.h:83: error: previous declaration of ?Normalise? was here
xcDisplayFunc.c:166: error: static declaration of ?CalcNormal? follows
non-static declaration
anaglyph.h:84: error: previous declaration of ?CalcNormal? was here
make[2]: *** [xcDisplayFunc.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pmpgrant/XCrySDen-1.4.1s/C'
make[1]: *** [compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pmpgrant/XCrySDen-1.4.1s/C'
make: *** [src-C] Error 2

-Paul Grant

Paul M. Grant, PhD
Principal, W2AGZ Technologies
Visiting Scholar, Applied Physics, Stanford University
EPRI Science Fellow (Retired)
IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus
w2agz at pacbell.net
http://www.w2agz.com