[xcrysden] Compilation problem in Xcrysden 1.6

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Feb 12 16:54:22 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 07:27 -0800, Mahmoud Payami wrote:
> Dear Tone,
>
> I have tried to compile the source file using "possibility-2" using
> "Make.linux-static" as "Make.sys" and disabled all in "possibility-1". The
> compilation goes well until the end which the message appears:
> togl.c:40:76: error :X11/Xmu/StdCmap.h: No such file or directory.
> I have also tried other compiling possibilities but "static" one seemed less
> problematic.
> I would be grateful if you please help me to resolve it.

This means you don't have libXmu header files.
Note that compiling xcrysden sources requires development versions
of some X11 libraries (which include the header files).

Now, I will describe how you do it for example for Debian GNU Linux.
Debian automatic installer is called apt-get.

1. go to the Debian Package page: http://packages.debian.org/
and select the "search the contents of packages"

2. in the entry type StdCmap.h and you will get the list of packages
that contains this file. (the results is: libxmu-headers)

3. as sudo or root execute:

apt-get install libxmu-headers

That's all! Now the StdCmap.h is on your system.

For other Linux distributions the recipe would be analogous. For
example, for RedHat the installer (as far as I know) is called "yum", so
one needs first to find the package name for the corresponding RedHat
package and then install it as "yum install packageName".

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html