[xcrysden] Error parsing AXSF file

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 13 15:28:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 15:32 +0200, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
> Dear Tone and everybody,
> I have a huge pw.x output file, generated by concatenating many output
> files, that is succesfully converted to AXSF by the pw2xsf converted, yet
> it cannot be parsed by xcryden correctly (An error occurred while parsing
> AXSF file $filename).

The problem is the concatenation of many pw.x output files into one. The
pwo2xsf.sh then finds more than find instance of CELL_PARAMETERS record
and mistakenly thinks it is a variable-cell output file and creates an
invalid variable-cell XSF file (this one should have same number of
PRIMVEC and PRIMCOORD sections).

The solution is easy: delete all but one instance of PRIMVEC sections
from the AXSF file (also delete the index suffix after the PRIMVEC
keyword).

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html