[xcrysden] Xcrysden Bug for 2D Fermi Surface Plot

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 27 10:59:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 21:33 +0800, Zhenhua Zeng wrote:
> Hi Tone,
>
> Thank you for you reply.
> I understand you point, i.e. allowed smallest number of points (in whatever direction) is 3.
> And what I want to point out in last email is also this number problem.
>
> For 3D material, its fermi surfaces are some isosurfaces, while for 2D material, its fermi surfaces should be some contours.
> In principle, it is easier to plot contours.

Indeed! Even gnuplot can do a descent job here (perhaps, this was the
reason it was done only for 3D). I should consider implementing a 2D
contour plots

> BTW: For cylinders-like isosurface, it is vivid in side view, however it is almost invisible in top view due isosurface is almost no thickness.
> Do you think this is a problem, and have plan to improve it?

You are absolutely right; isosurface has a zero thickness, so this mode
is OK for understanding the shape of 2D FS, but not for printing (i.e.
making images for publications).

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html