[xcrysden] Atom coordinates extraction

Emmanuel Betranhandy emmanuel.betranhandy at polytechnique.edu
Mon Nov 30 16:44:40 CET 2009

Dear all,

I use to compare big cells (with more than 100 atoms, and for the moment
base-centered monoclinic ones) together as they are geometrically
optimised. The problem - for me - is that their respectives coordinates
(as they are very close to eachother) can not be directly superimposed
due to the initial positions of atoms. However, I have notice that by
considering each atom trough the AtomInfo, I can obtain coordinates
which can be used as they are. My questions are the following :
- which procedure is used to convert the coordinates ? I read the tcl
files, but I could not find anything linked to this (perhaps I did
mistakes, as I am not familiar with Tcl/Tk).
- can this new coordinates been exported (by a script, or else ?).
Thanks