[xcrysden] How to include core electron density when exporting charge density?

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Aug 30 09:22:24 CEST 2010

Dear Yunpeng Wang,

    your question is maybe more appropriate for the PW forum rather than
for this forum (although there are many PW-users writing here). I think
that for NC and US PPs only the valence charge is available, while for
PAW there should be a not-widely-tested-but- working implementation to
get the all-electron charge (in the frozen-core approximation,
obviously). It should be plot_num=17 (see Doc/INPUT_PP.txt).

HTH

GS

On 08/13/2010 09:59 AM, Yunpeng Wang wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> Using pp.x, I can export the valence charge density. My question is,
> how can I export the total charge density, that is, the sum of valence
> charge density and core charge density?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> --
> *Yunpeng Wang*