[xcrysden] Installing XCrysden on SUSE 11.2 (64)

Tobias Burnus burnus at net-b.de
Wed Feb 24 11:24:01 CET 2010

Hello,

On 02/24/2010 10:19 AM, Masoud Nahali wrote:
> I tried to install XCrysden(XCrySDen-1.5.21) on my PC. The installed
> compilers are Gfortran, gcc, g++; and also I have the default TCL of
> SUSE 11.2. but I took the below lines included errors when I typed
> make all:

Here, building XCrysden worked. You can find my build for openSUSE 11.2 at
http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.2&p=1&q=XCrySDen

Note: You need to install the i586 version and not the x86-64 version of
XCrysden as there is a bug in XCrysden, which causes a segfault; MESA
closed their bugreport as not-our-bug thus it needs to be fixed in
XCrysden. Cf.
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2010-January/000732.html

If you have comments to the openSUSE build, I am interested to hear them.

Tobias