[xcrysden] Installation of xcrysden

Fendy Lovefaith xyzfxbd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 06:37:31 CET 2010

Dear everyone

I'm a newbee in xcrysden and linux. I'm facing a problem with the installation......I have already define two environmental variable by typing /.xcConfigure

This is the last result

FINAL NOTE: before running xcrysden please load (source) your profile, i.e.:

 - for sh:             . ~/.profile
 - for Bash:           . ~/.bashrc
 - for Csh or Tclsh:   source ~/.cshrc

   (( if you were instructed to manually edit your profile, please do so,
      and only then source the profile. ))

   Then type: xcrysden

   Please report BUGS to Tone.Kokalj at ijs.si.

   TERMS OF USE:
   -------------
   XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

   Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
   publications, you should include at least the following reference:

   [ref] A. Kokalj: J. Mol. Graphics Modelling, 1999, Vol. 17,
         p. 176--179. Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

   Good Luck !!!

And then  I want to install the source package,,,,,I type in command line like this :

[revival at localhost XCrySDen-1.4.1s-all]$ cp /system/Make.MY-SISTEM Make.sys
cp: cannot stat `/system/Make.MY-SISTEM': No such file or directory

Could someone tell what is wrong with my way of installation???

Thanks so much everyone

GBU