[xcrysden] Drawing of Different planes in a Unit cell Using XCRYSDEN?

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Fri Jul 16 10:03:38 CEST 2010

Dear Sonu,
    as far as I know, from PWscf data in 3D format with xcrysden you can
draw only planes perpendicular to one of the three crystal axis, hence
planes corresponding to FFT planes. You have as many planes as the FFT
planes corresponding to the basis set of your calculation (grep FFT in
the pw.x output file). If you want other planes you must either rotate
your system in the PWscf calculation or use the 2D plot mode of pp.x,
which allows to select an arbitrary plane and uses FFT interpolation.

HTH

GS

On 07/14/2010 07:48 AM, sonu kumar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> 1).
>     Is it possible to draw planes in a unit cell using
>     XCRYSDEN?
>
> 2).
>     How can i draw different  planes?
>
>  I am using Quantum Espresso with Xcrysden.
>
> --
> Sonu Kumar
>
> Phd Student
> Physics Department