[xcrysden] Error in plotting 3D scalar field, maybe a bug

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 5 12:39:52 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 05:44 -0400, Yunpeng Wang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to plot a 3D scalar field by XCrySDen. If the number of
> data-points is small (<10), I succeed to plot the scalar field and
> plot the isovalued surfaces. However, if I use larger (>10) value of
> number of data-points, the program will crash and gives error message
> like "child killed: segmentation violation".
>
> My xcrysden version is 1.5.21.
> The following is my .xsf file, in which there is only one DATAGRID_3D
> section:

To be able to help, please send me the whole XSF file (to my personal
email).

The number of points > 10 is still a very small number. Xcrysden can
display datagrids with million points or more ...

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html