[xcrysden] XCrysDen installation

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri May 7 18:07:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 11:47 +0200, azzizuc at libero.it wrote:
> Dear everybody,
> I am a new member of this mailinglist. Nice to meet you!
>
> I am writing because I need some help about XCrysDen installation. I am using
> Ubuntu 9.10 64bit and I downloaded xc-1.5.21-linux_x86_64-shared.tar.gz. I
> tried to start the istallation with ./xcConfigure but it wrote:
>
>    Specify CRYSTAL's crystal module (default: -p: not found crystal: not
> found):
>
>    WARNING: file -p: not found crystal: not found is not executable !!!
>
>    Specify CRYSTAL's properties module (default: -p: not found properties: not
> found):
>
>    WARNING: file -p: not found properties: not found is not executable !!!
>
> The problem is that I actually have Crystal and Properties executables and I
> tried also to put these two on the same directory as XCrysDen has been
> downloaded but the problem is still there.

For new version of xcrysden you don't need to run xcConfigure.

However, if you would like to set it up for CRYSTAL, then xcConfigure
might be convenient as it will aid at setting it up. If it fails you may
do it manually. What you need is the proper CRYSTAL specification in the
$HOME/.xcrysden/custom-definitions file.

See: http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/custom.html

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html