[xcrysden] cannot execute Xcrysden

Elie Albert Moujaes emoujaes at fisica.ufmg.br
Mon Nov 8 20:16:02 CET 2010

Thanks a lot for your help. Everything is right concerning the path name and
the directory and stuff..when I tried to run ./xcrysden from the Top
directory, it stopped and a message appeared:

./xcrysden: line 129:/ Xcrysden-1.5.18-bin-shared/scripts/xcLib.sh : no such
file or directory. What has one wrong now?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry to disturb.

Elie Moujaes

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:21:48 +0200, Sebastijan Peljhan wrote
> Hi, Elie!
>
> If bash prompts you that something is not found and can't execute
> command probably means, that the directory of executable is not written
> it $PATH variable. You have to include your $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR into $PATH
> if xcConfigure doesn't do that automatically.
>
> You should find something like that in your ~/.bashrc file:
>
> XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/home/you/xcrysden/topdir
> XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/home/your/xcrys_tmp
> export XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
> PATH="$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR:$PATH:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts:
> $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/util"
>
> You can also try to run xcrysden form $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR directory
> using ./xcrysden.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sebastijan
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am using XCrySdEN for the first time. I have configures everything
> > using ./xcConfigure and registered the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
> > and everything went alright. I want now to satrt using XCrysden. When I
try
> > to execute (or just type the command xcrysden), I get:
> > bash: xcrsyden: command not found which probably means I have not formed
the
> > executable. Sorry my knowledge in Fortran is a bit tight. Can anyone
tell me
> > what have I missed..Thank you..
> >
> > P.S: My version is the XCRSYDEN 1.4.1
> Why don't you try the newest version? It's performance is slightly
> inproved.
> >
> > Elie Moujaes
>
> --
> Sebastijan Peljhan
> Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry
> "Jozef Stefan" Institute
> Jamova 39
> 1000 Ljubljana
> Slovenia