[xcrysden] cannot execute Xcrysden

Sebastijan Peljhan sebastijan.peljhan at ijs.si
Fri Oct 29 19:21:48 CEST 2010

Hi, Elie!

If bash prompts you that something is not found and can't execute
command probably means, that the directory of executable is not written
it $PATH variable. You have to include your $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR into $PATH
if xcConfigure doesn't do that automatically.

You should find something like that in your ~/.bashrc file:

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/home/you/xcrysden/topdir
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/home/your/xcrys_tmp
export XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
PATH="$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR:$PATH:$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/scripts:
$XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/util"

You can also try to run xcrysden form $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR directory
using ./xcrysden.

Cheers,

Sebastijan

> Dear all,
>
> I am using XCrySdEN for the first time. I have configures everything
> using ./xcConfigure and registered the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH
> and everything went alright. I want now to satrt using XCrysden. When I try
> to execute (or just type the command xcrysden), I get:
> bash: xcrsyden: command not found which probably means I have not formed the
> executable. Sorry my knowledge in Fortran is a bit tight. Can anyone tell me
> what have I missed..Thank you..
>
> P.S: My version is the XCRSYDEN 1.4.1
Why don't you try the newest version? It's performance is slightly
inproved.

> Elie Moujaes

Sebastijan Peljhan
Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry
"Jozef Stefan" Institute
Jamova 39
1000 Ljubljana
Slovenia