[xcrysden] output with transparent background

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed Apr 6 16:30:19 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 10:48 -0400, Eric Germaneau wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is it possible to generate a postscript with transparent background
> with XCrySDen?

If you save an EPS image as bitmap, then you may transform the
background color to transparent by any image manipulation programs such
as Gimp or ImageMagick. In this case I would first save as PNG,
transform background to trasnparent, and then convert to EPS.

On the other hand, if you save a vectorial EPS, it should be transparent
by default.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html