[xcrysden] How to activate atom radius in script file ?

Ken Hattori khattori at ms.naist.jp
Mon Feb 7 11:15:02 CET 2011

Dear all,

I would like to ask you how to activate atom radius description in
script files.
When we Save Current State and Structure as a script file (.xcrysden),
the information of "Atomic radii" is saved as, for instance,
xc_newvalue .mesa 4 1 1.532000
xc_newvalue .mesa 10004 1 1.499000
The former should be Display radius and the latter should be covalent
radius,
for hydrogen.

However, it does not work when I Open XCrySDen Scripting File,
that is, their radii are still 0.532000 and 0.499000, respectively,
in the display in my system.

Other descriptions, e.g., atomic colors, work.

I am not sure that this is a problem of my installing/setting, or not.
My system is XCrySDen 1.4.1, binary package for *Linux-i386* (statically
linked),
installed on Ubuntu-8.04-Japanese.vdi, in Oracle VM VirtualBox 3.2.10
r66523,
and in Windows 7.

Would you please suggest me the way to activate atom radius description ?

Ken Hattori