[xcrysden] Periodic xyz-file

Sebastijan Peljhan sebastijan.peljhan at ijs.si
Fri Jan 7 10:26:33 CET 2011

You have to transform your xyz file into xsf file. The detailed
description of xsf file is located at
http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/XSF.html

The xsf file for your structure should look like this:

DIM-GROUP
3 1
PRIMVEC
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1
PRIMCOORD
3 1
Ag   0.2 0.2 0.5
Ag   0.5 0.5 0.8
H    0.0 0.0 0.0

Also, you have to change PRIMVEC and PRIMCOORD from your units to
angstroms.

Cheers,
Sebastijan

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 09:58 +0100, Erwin Rossen wrote:
> I want to visualize a periodic structure which I have in xyz format.
> How should the format look like to be able to read in XCrySDen? For
> instance the xyz-file in the example below?
>
> 3
>
> 1 0 0
> 0 1 0
> 0 0 1
>
> Ag   0.2 0.2 0.5
> Ag   0.5 0.5 0.8
> H     0.0 0.0 0.0

Sebastijan Peljhan
Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry
"Jozef Stefan" Institute
Jamova 39
1000 Ljubljana
Slovenia