[xcrysden] xcrysden crashes while displaying thermometer

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Jan 27 14:23:11 CET 2011

Dear Tone and users,

    I met a problem when trying to display a 3D charge density plot. I
can visualize the density, but when I select the option to display the
color thermometer (and then click "submit"), the program crashes with
the following error message

reading PRIMCOORD
reading CONVCOORD
Number of Atoms:  398
Number of Frames: 12
natoms: 398 , ndel: 0
Filtered number of atoms: 398
Estimated number of bonds = 1174
sInfo(dim) = 3; periodic(dim) = 3
coordinate system orientation is right
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  91 (X_QueryColors)
   Value in failed request:  0xff000000
   Serial number of failed request:  49383

Any idea of how to locate the problem?

Regards,