[xcrysden] Question about Xcrysden and w2web of WIEN2K

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Mar 29 08:38:59 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 21:21 +0800, 李斌 wrote:
> Hi! all,
>
>  I've installed Xcrysden and it works well using commandline. But the "view structure"
>  menu didn't appear at the w2web interface of WIEN2k before rebooting the server. Is
>  there a way to link the Xcrysden to w2web avoiding rebooting?

I don't know precisely how the w2web works, but probably it checks if
the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR variable is defined or not. If this is so, I guess
closing (exiting) the browser, defining the variable and launching again
the browser from the terminal where the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR has just been
defined would be sufficient.

Another more intrusive method is to log-out and log-in.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html