[xcrysden] xc-1.5.53 on linux with 32bit visuals

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Apr 3 11:32:13 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 00:07 +0200, Martin Kroeker wrote:
> Hi,
> with a self-compiled 1.5.53 on 64bit Linux (various openSuSE 11.x boxes
> with either NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards), we have encountered XError
> aborts when the right mouse button is pressed.

Martin,

your info is very valuable. Thanks! If you wish you may send me your
implementation of X error handler and I'll add it to the code.

> The solution gleaned from similar cases (e.g., Nedit) was to add
> export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
> to the xcrysden script. (A more invasive alternative being to disable
> the "Composite" extension in the xorg.conf - both make xcrysden pick
> a regular 24bit visual with no adverse effects).

So if I understand correctly, you suggest that the best solution would
be to add "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS="1 to xcrysden script?

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html