[xcrysden] Regarding Xcrysden installation in Linux

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Feb 13 16:40:05 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 17:10 +0530, Indu Kaul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Xcrysden on my linux machine(OS-Redhat) version
> xc-1.5.24.Whenever i tries to open xcrysden,it displays the error
> message lib.sh not found in /Bin directory although it is present in
> Bin directory.Can anyone help out what problem  could be there with
> it?

I very much doubt the message is "lib.sh not found in /Bin", likely it
is: .... Can't open ***/xcLib.sh

This likely means you set up XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR variable to point to wrong
place. Note that for xcrysden 1.5.* version the use of XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR
variable is deprecated. Go to xcrysden root directory and try the
following:

unset XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR
./xcrysden

What happens?

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html