[xcrysden] The rapid screen flickering issue on Mac OS X

Dan Michael O. Heggø d.m.o.heggo at ub.uio.no
Mon Jan 23 21:30:09 CET 2012

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I tried replacing mesa-7.11.2 with mesa-7.0.2, and with everything
else being equal, the flickering issue then disappeared (I even tried
swapping mesa-7.11.2 back again, and there the flickering was back
again. So it's related to some changes in mesa between version 7.0.2
and 7.11.2. Just for testing, I tried building some intermediate
versions (7.0.4, 7.1 and 7.2), but neither built easily, and I didn't
want to spend a lot of time on that. I'm not really sure how to follow
this up.

In case anyone's interested in having mesa-7.0.2 installed through
macports, my modified portfile for mesa-7.0.2 is here:
https://gist.github.com/1658983
It can be put in a local repo, that will take precedence over the
remote repo, which can be quite useful:
http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

Dan Michael