[xcrysden] The rapid screen flickering issue on Mac OS X

Zhu, Jian-Xin jxzhu at lanl.gov
Mon Jan 23 23:14:06 CET 2012

Hi Dan,

As a followup to my previous email, it looks I should have run "portindex"
under /Users/Admin/ports rather than under /Users/Admin/ports/x11/mesa

But I got the error during the "sudo port install mesa" stage

Š.
To make python 2.7 the default (i.e. the version you get when you run
'python'), please run:
        sudo port select --set python python27

--->  Cleaning python27
--->  Computing dependencies for mesa
could not read "/Users/Admin/ports/x11/mesa/Portfile": permission denied
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I don't see there is a permission problem.

~/ports/x11/mesa] Admin% ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x  4 Admin  staff   136 Jan 23 15:11 ./
drwxr-xr-x  3 Admin  staff   102 Jan 23 14:15 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 Admin  staff  2531 Jan 22 14:39 Portfile
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root   staff    67 Jan 23 15:01 work@ ->
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_Admin_ports_x11_mesa/mesa/work

Thanks for the help.

Jian-Xin