[xcrysden] problem in compiling Xcrysden

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Mar 13 14:15:50 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 21:18 +0900, محمد ارشد فرحان wrote:
> dear prof. Kokalj,
> yes our system has gdb installed. i recompiled the package and it
> crashed again. this time command "WHERE" resulted in :

Yes, but this time we know where it crashed, yet code inspection reveals
that there is nothing suspicious. This implies that memory corruption
happened before the actual crash, hence finding the actual problem will
be rather difficult.

Would you tell me a bit more what precisely you were doing to get the
crash, i.e., did you try the xcrysden's examples or you tried your own
examples? If the latter applies, would you send me the Fermi surface
(i.e. BXSF) file to my person email along with description of all the
steps taken before the crash appeared.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html