[xcrysden] Bug report: Calculation of 3D grids

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon May 14 13:00:28 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 17:15 +0200, Georg Eickerling wrote:
> Dear Xcrysden users,
>
> I am mainly using Xcrysden's interface to WIEN2K and here the ability to
> create 3D grid files of the electron density.
>
> I want to report a bug which might result in quite a waste of
> computational time (LINUX Version tested only):

> My current workaround:
>
> In :
> xcrysden-1.#.##-bin-semishared/Tcl/wnRunWIEN.tcl
>
> delete the command:
> grab $mw
> in lines 43 and 62
>
> I hope this is of interest also for other users

Thanks for you report!

Could you check if instead of deleting these lines, the following would
also work:

catch { grab $mw }

Would this work, it would be preferred over deleting.

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html