[xcrysden] xcrysden script for MacOS

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Oct 18 19:10:58 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 12:53 -0400, David Strubbe wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean. Isn't this checking whether external/lib
> exists, as below:

> if test -d $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR/external/lib ; then

Yes, this indeed checks the existence of the external/lib (but not those
lines of your former email).

> Since external/lib will always exist after building xcrysden,
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH will always be set. No, I am not using anything from
> external/lib, as you can see:
>

> $ otool -L bin/xcrys
> bin/xcrys:

No, don't run "otool" directly, run it within xcrysden script via
"xcrysden -d" command (but replace "ldd" with "otool -L" in the script,
line 207).

The difference between "xcrysden -d" and  direct "otool -L" is that
within the xcrysden script several environmental variables are set,
hence the bin/xcrys launched from the xcrysden script can load different
libraries than the direct bin/xcrys.

Regards, Tone

P.S.: what is in your external/lib/, only bwidget library or also
something else?

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html