[xcrysden] has anyone compiled xcrysden on AIX ?

Oliver Albertini ora at georgetown.edu
Wed Aug 7 20:10:40 CEST 2013

Dear Tone,

Part of the problem is that I don't have the W2k executables installed
locally. However, the latest release (13.1) includes a python script
prepare_xsf_lapw which can calculate the slices and build a *.xsf  file.
Since I am still using 12.1, it required me to compile auxil.f and
str2xcr.f from xcrysden into an executable and place it into my path. I am
under the impression that this would be done automatically with version
13.1. In any case, it works quite well.

Thanks,

Oliver