[xcrysden] Problem with installing the source code on fedora 18

sara yazdani yazdani.sarah at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:12:26 CET 2013

Dear Sir,

I want to install "xcrysden-1.5.53" on fedora 18 x86_64, I have followed
the steps as follows:

$ tar xvf xcrysden-1.5.53.tar.gz
$ cd xcrysden-1.5.53/
$ cp system/Make.sys-shared Make.sys
$ make all
$ ./xcrysden

but the final message I have received is this:
*
cat: /home/sara/CODES/xcrysden-1.5.53-bin-shared/version: No such file or
directory

|*****************************************************************|
|*                                                               *|
|*  XCrySDen -- (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
|*               =         ===         =              ===        *|
|*---------------------------------------------------------------*|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Anton Kokalj (tone.kokalj at ijs.si)                          *|
|*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia                *|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Copyright (c) 1996--2012 by Anton Kokalj                   *|
|*                                                               *|
|*****************************************************************|

  Version:

  Please report bugs to: tone.kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  -------------
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

./xcrysden: line 163:
/home/sara/CODES/xcrysden-1.5.53-bin-shared/scripts/xcLib.sh: No such file
or directory*

*This is while I have removed all the prebuilt files related to xcrysden.
Please kindly guide me where I am going wrong.

Regards,
*