[xcrysden] question

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Jan 10 13:53:26 CET 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 22:50 -0800, rageh attia wrote:
> Hello all
>             I am a new user of XCrySDen and i want to use it to
> visualize CRYSTAL09 . I have CRYSTAL09 for windows platform and i
> tried to install  XCrySDen on windows but it did't work .So I made my
> friend to download and install the one for linex platform (upontu)
> but when I try to run the code the File- ->CRYSTAL92/98/03/06 was
> inactive .Please any one guide me what to do.

xcrysden cannot directly run on windows but requires the Cygwin (and
even so its functionality is limited).

Why don't you also use the Linux version of CRYSTAL09 and customize
xcrysden accordingly ( http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/custom.html )?
Then you will be to use xcrysden's extension for CRYSTAL.

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html