[xcrysden] compiling on tcl 8.6

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Nov 25 18:23:16 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 10:16 +0100, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
> Dear XCD users,
> in case you are trying to compile XCrysDen with TCL 8.6 and you're
> getting this error:
>   Tcl_Interp’ has no member named ‘result’
>
> you have to add "-DUSE_INTERP_RESULT" (no quotes) to the CFLAGS in
> Make.sys. The code will then build with tcl8.6 (to be honest, I only did
> bindist-shared).
>
> This should solve the problem, I don't know if the feature is planned
> for removal eventually but give the frequency of TCL releases I think
> there's no immediate need to worry.

Lorenzo,

Thanks for the info!

I agree that there is no immediate need to worry about this issue, but
eventually the code will need to be adopted and this backward
incompatibility fixed, moreover because the fix is not difficult.

Regards.
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html