[xcrysden] installed successfully but not able to view xcrystallden in Fedora 16

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Apr 18 08:57:39 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 00:28 -0700, Masood Yousaf wrote:

> I have successfully embeded Xcrystalden in Wien2k but still fail to
> view the structure.

Does xcrysden works as standalone? If the answer is yes, then I suppose
you need to configure Wien2K properly to allow to use xcrysden (see the
Wien2K/w2web User Guide).

> View structure with XCrysDen
> Requires X-Windows system ...

This message seems to suggest you are trying to run xcrysden without
running X-window. This is not possible.

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html