[xcrysden] Cannot start xcrysden under Windows system

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Mon Apr 28 03:34:27 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to run XCrySDen (1.5.18, Cygwin shared) under Windows with Cygwin environment. Two Windows systems, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 8 64-bit, were involved the tests. The installed Cygwin is with 64-bit libraries and binaries.
Under Win7 32bit, the XCrySDen showed "Segment Fault" after initialization step. Since I was not sure whether this problem was caused by the 64bit code running under 32bit system, I skipped Win7 32bit and reached to Win8 64bit.
Under Win8 64bit, I ran XServer at first, thereafter, the script xcrysden was performed after proper configuration by xcConfigue. However, even the initiallizing GUI was not appeared, and a error feedbacked through terminate:
Error in startup script: couldn't load file "~/Program/XCrySDen/bin/xcrys.dll": Exec format error
    while executing
"load $system(TOPDIR)/bin/xcrys.dll"
    invoked from within
"if { [file exists $system(TOPDIR)/bin/xcrys.dll] } {
    load $system(TOPDIR)/bin/xcrys.dll
}"
    (file "~/Program/XCrySDen/Tcl/xcInit.tcl" line 426)
Would any one help me out from this difficulty?
Thanks a lot.
Kind Regards,

--
GAO Zhe