[xcrysden] Cannot start xcrysden under Windows system

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Mon Apr 28 16:24:06 CEST 2014

Hi, Kokalj,

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply.
I tried XCrySDen 1.5.53 with cygwin under Win8 64-bit.
Once the script of xcrysden was run, I can only obtain the information shown below through terminate:

  Version: 1.5.53

  Please report bugs to: tone.kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  -------------
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=~/Program/XCrySDen
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=~/Program/XCrySDen/TEMP

Thereafter, the terminate return to "$" state. Would you give me any suggestion to figure out and solve this problem?
Thank you again,
Regards,

At 2014-04-28 17:32:54,"Tone Kokalj" <tone.kokalj at ijs.si> wrote:
>On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 09:34 +0800, GAO Zhe wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to run XCrySDen (1.5.18, Cygwin shared) under Windows with
>> Cygwin environment.
>
>Consider trying newer version:
>http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xcrysden-1.5.53-cygwin.tar.gz
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Anton Kokalj
>J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
>(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)
>
>Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

GAO Zhe
Ceramic Metal Composite Lab,
Department of Materials Sci. & Eng.,
Seoul National University,
Daehak-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Public of Korea