[xcrysden] error in installation and unable to open the case.struct file

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Feb 6 15:37:44 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 15:35 +0530, venkatesh chandragiri wrote:

> Sir,
>

> i have successfully installed the recent xcrysden-semi-shared one. But
> while i am running, it is prompting a error saying that  error while
> sharing the libraries: libqudmath.so.0: can not open shared object
> file: No such file or directory.

It's because your system lacks the libquadmath library. The easiest is
to install the corresponding package from your linux distro that
provides this library. E.g., for Debian based distros (as root or sudo):

apt-get install libquadmath0

For RedHat/Fedora based distro (probably):

yum install libquadmath0

(if this does not work, try: yum whatprovides libquadmath)

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html