[xcrysden] Error - undefined reference to symbol 'glXUseXFont'

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jul 22 20:59:35 CEST 2014

I suspect the linker is already trying to tell you want it needs:

> /usr/bin/ld: togl.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glXUseXFont'
> *//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO
> missing from command line*

I'd read this as "I think you want that function from libGL.so.1, but
you did not specifiy -lGL"

go to xcrysden-1.5.60/C (where the error occured), edit the Makefile and
look for the line that has the "-lGLU" and add "-lGL" after it

Hope this helps
Martin
Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg